Thursday, May 25, 2006

They're sucking me dry

So I went to the dentist today. She had several suggestions for me, totaling about $3500. What? Are you in mad screaming pain? Not at all. Feel great. It's just a cavity here, a "deep cleaning" there, a procedure she really likes that's not covered in my plan, another procedure she really likes that's not covered in my plan, another procedure ... you get the idea. It adds up.

I was not in a receptive mood to hear her proposals, since I shelled out $520 yesterday to replace the catalytic converter in my beautiful '91 Camry. This expense (and an earlier expense of $230) was made necessary by the state of Illinois, which requires that my car be able to pass a super-strict emissions test. Allow me to preempt Special K by acknowledging the wonderful cumulative effect that this enforcement has on the air quality in the Chicago area, no doubt extending the lives of millions, possibly including mine and my wife's. That makes me feel better.

No, it still kills me.

3 Comments:

Blogger PopStar said...

if yoU would rather, we could have someone else kill yoU

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pirate Jimmy said...

I do that sort of thing for the price of a gun.

10:03 AM  
Blogger PopStar said...

is that about 37 cents ?

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home